These releases provide information on business activity in New Zealand, by industry. The Business Activity Indicator is derived from goods and services tax (GST) data.
The regular release of this series was suspended in early 2002, but the data is still available on request, free of charge.
The latest releases contain tables on:
- total sales and purchases (based on GST returns)
- monthly GST sales (by industry) – actual, seasonally adjusted, and trend
- monthly GST purchases (by industry) – actual, seasonally adjusted, and trend
- monthly net GST sales (by industry) – actual, seasonally adjusted, and trend
- seasonally adjusted quarterly GST sales (by industry)
- seasonally adjusted quarterly GST purchases (by industry).
Subscribe to our information releases.
Source: Inland Revenue Department
Available from: April 1992 to September 2001
Geographic coverage: National
Please complete this request form if you would like access to previous releases.
Time series data can be accessed from the Infoshare database
Subject category: Businesses
Group: Business Activity Indicator